Saturday 11 October 2014

3D Animation - Jonathan Mafi

This is a good example of character animation in 3D:


Finished 3d Animation from Jonathan Mafi on Vimeo.

You can tell how the characters are feeling based on their body language - the character that walks in the room and shouts is obviously angry and assertive based on how he looks and interacts with the other character, whereas the guy on the left seems slightly frightened and stands up straight readily listening to his commander. Based on these observations we can tell that they are soldiers, because they are trained to walk and act in a certain way.

I have to take this into account when making my own animation, once I decide what dialogue I'm using I also have to get the right body language to complete the action to a realistic standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment