Thursday 16 October 2014

2 Potential Ideas...

Idea 1

'Yellow Submarine' - The Beatles.

"In the town, where I was born,
There lived a Man, who sailed to sea,
And he told us of his life,
In the land, of submarines"

I could use this in a storytelling environment, put on a posh voice and make Moom read a story from a book; This would give me the opportunity to dress up Moom and create strange props such as the yellow submarine, to bring the story to life in a fantasy way, much like the Beatles with their videos that look slightly like hallucinations.




Idea 2

'When will my life begin' - Mandy Moore, Tangled.

"7AM the usual morning line up
Start on the chores and sweep 'till the floor's all clean
Polish and wax, do laundry, mop and shine up,
Sweep again, 
And by then 
It's like 7:15"

This could be said enthusiastically, as if I can't wait to do all of these activities, or I could say this in a bored, fed up manner making it sound like I don't want to do the activities listed. This could allow me to practice body language on the character as well as lip syncing; and the list here gives me a few opportunities to practice modelling a variety of props (choosing only one or two out of this list).





For this module the main focus is animating with the Maya software so idea 2 would be better to explore this. Idea 1 would be better for making the sequence look nice and experimenting with textures, but primarily what I need to focus on is animating.
I will develop idea 2 further and try to simplify it.

No comments:

Post a Comment