Monday 20 October 2014

Responsive: The First Three Briefs

A few days ago my course (joined with the Illustration course) were briefed into the new module 'Responsive'. It's split into 3 parts, and revolves around starting to get our work out into the world; The first part of the year - what we're starting now - is entering competitions and taking on live briefs. We have to choose at least 5 briefs in total, whether they are competitions on popular websites or tasks set by someone you know. As long as I expand on small tasks and document everything I do towards the briefs, then I can do anything.

After our introduction, we were asked to look at all the websites provided and choose 3 briefs ready for our second session. Bearing these questions in mind:
To what extent  will the briefs allow you to your criteria for success within the module?
To what extent will the briefs benefit you with regards to the benefits of entering competition briefs?
Any problems that you can foresee with the briefs in relation to the issue discussed in the session?

I chose:

Moo



http://www.ycn.org/awards/ycn-student-awards/2014-15-ycn-student-awards/briefs/moo

This brief seems like a fun one; it revolves around a business card printing/designing company which could be an opportunity for me to practice my design work. My ultimate goal in this module is to create decent animations to potentially show in the future, and this brief seems like it would incorporate that. A few limitations could be in the guidelines with their colour selections, but this brief seems creatively free enough to accept most entries.

Propercorn



http://www.ycn.org/awards/ycn-student-awards/2014-15-ycn-student-awards/briefs/propercorn

This is a very open, creative brief which can involve any medium we wish - though it's too open to the point where I don't know what they want as their final outcome. This being said, animating popcorn would be interesting and could be good practice for the future.

Digital Cinema Media



http://www.dandad.org/en/dcm-show-emotion-film/

This is a primarily animation-based brief, with a very specific creative challenge compared to the other two I have picked; they want a 25 second ident that visualises the true power of cinema. It could potentially be difficult to capture the right emotions in an ident that they are asking for, and there's no target audience, but I could brainstorm and work around that if I were to pick this brief.

I will take these to the next scheduled lesson and see what I can do with them next!

No comments:

Post a Comment