Monday 29 December 2014

Loop De Loop - Testing My Ideas

After documenting my best ideas, I thought doing at least one test for my two favourite ideas would be the best way to decide which one to continue with, so I made some GIFs.

The first clip is the one I enjoyed animating the most; despite it moving slightly too fast for the action, I still think the splat and drips look good.
The hard part will be animating over facial features and giving the impression that makeup has been applied. I will also continue the animation until the goo drips off the face, in order for it to loop.

The second clip is from my idea of the tree face paint growing on someone's face, developing and withering away when it dies. This idea would be a lot easier to loop, because at the end the tree will crinkle up and disappear within itself.


Now that I can see both of these ideas forming, I've decided I prefer the first idea with the makeup goo; it's got a simple meaning behind it, which would make more sense from the audience's perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment