Friday 9 January 2015

A Change In My Idea...

After a progress report to my tutor today, I realised I haven't textured my background and objects yet. He suggested to keep it simple and have a bright white background with grey objects and furniture to suggest where the walls of the room will go.

This idea is inspired by the children's TV show Pocoyo. The characters have a play-dough look, because the white background emphasises the vivid colours and shadows of the characters.

Pocoyo

My tutor then demonstrated how to achieve this look on Maya. I think this look works very well in 3D, just having a door frame in the background shows you there's a door there without making the whole object and texturing it. The shadows also add a nice effect to the image, making it look softer.

Scene 2
I will render the rest of my film in this style, creating the illusion of furniture in the background such as the door frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment