Saturday 14 February 2015

Qwertee - Colouring My One Piece Design

The first few colours were simple enough to pick and assign to different waves; I decided to start with establishing the bold colours, keeping in mind that 6 is the maximum variety of colours Qwertee will accept.

Initial Colours

I had already used 5 colours in this first image, so for the rest of the picture I had to use halftones (light and dark for both colours I used for the waves). This allowed me to have a bigger variety without exceeding the limit, and it managed to let me develop different shades that look good together, therefore giving the impression that every wave is a part of one ocean.

Halftones













Once I had completed the half tones on the waves, I just had to finish off the ship and the monsters in the ocean. I used the light and dark shades of the red to get different tones while trying to keep to their original colours in the story. Despite the half tones being checkered, I think it works well, to add detail and texture to my image.


Now that the colouring is almost done, I will apply it to the t shirt on the mock up kit and see which best shows off my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment