Sunday 15 February 2015

Qwertee - Finishing My One Piece Mock Up

After finishing my design, I had to put it onto the mock up T shirt and layout how it will look on the website. I knew I wanted to put my design on the background image, so that viewers can see the picture up close, so after a few tries I came up with this alteration:

The final background image
I decided this compared to the other positions because feedback I had received suggested to make the image line up at the bottom, so that there isn't much white space underneath the ocean.

Based on feedback from my last design, which I put on a light blue shirt, overall people said they wouldn't want to wear that colour, despite liking the design. So for this design I firstly compared the black and white shirts, because they are the most generic coloured shirts that are more likely to be bought.









Out of the two, I prefer the black, since it makes my design stand out more, whereas on the white the white waves and parts of the boat blend into the background, which I don't believe gives my work justice.

Despite deciding on going with the black shirt, I still feel that the small black flag on top of the ship blends into its background. I don't think this will matter too much since you can still see the pattern on the flag, but I want to give voters another option just incase.
This is why I put two shirts on my final mock up - despite it covering part of my background you can see how the design will look on both shirts - since I used another dark colour I believe the design looks just as good.

The final mock up
I have now submitted this image to Qwertee, to hopefully be published on their site within the next 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment