Tuesday 7 April 2015

Loop De Loop - Finally Animating for Gravity

Due to other modules and competitions, I have been unable to start this animation until now. I started off by comparing the lighting I could have had; even though it's not the best idea to rely on natural lighting, I think the top left looks the best out of all four settings, so that's the one I went with.








After I established this, I debated putting objects in the background to set the scene and make the animation feel more natural, but once I took these pictures, I realised it would be very hard to make a looped film with the objects moving back in exactly the same place, so I ultimately decided to leave them out.



Once the final lighting and character were set up, I could start animating! After finding the walk cycle as reference, I could try and re create the steps with my character. 

My walk cycle reference
My final piece turned out OK, the walk cycle went faster then I had planned, but it still runs fairly smoothly; the camera angle changes too quickly as well, which makes the story slightly harder to follow but I still think the animation works fairly well. The character was hard to move - by the end the arms and legs were massively cracked and about to fall apart, but I still managed to keep it together for the purposes of this animation. Next time I animate in this format I will consider better ways to handle and look after the materials I'm using.
I think sound effects would make the animation a lot more lively, but due to the lack of time I couldn't find the right sounds. I will look into it when I do have time, so I can potentially put it on my showreel!




No comments:

Post a Comment