Tuesday 19 January 2016

Animals Concept

My initial thoughts and ideas a few months ago involved a dance routine for humans, but including animals into the sequence.

A way that I could combine them smoothly is by looking at 'Harry Potter' as an example. One of the magic spells cast allows the user to produce a 'patronus' in the form of an animal. In this sequence, the animation of this spell has been done very smoothly and gives only the essence of each animal, giving the impression that it's a spirit; I feel I could combine this into a dance routine well, especially if I animate it in a sketchy style.

However I would have to give the concept meaning if I want to pull it off, for example choosing a specific animal such as a swan to represent the dancer wanting to fly away and have freedom, or two animals falling in love? I will think about this further as I develop the routine, and hopefully have some input from a potential collaboration dance partner.





No comments:

Post a Comment