Wednesday 23 March 2016

Composing My Animation

Since I have received all of the footage I need, I could finally figure out the details of my animation.

Overall I think I have made the routines fit together nicely - in my animation I will change the positioning of some of the sequences so that it doesn't seem as if the dancers are on top of each other. For example in Rachel's video, the camera positioning means that she is very low down and small a lot of the time, with her feet cut off sometimes; so for these sections I will make her bigger on the page and position her in correspondence with Kitt.

I recorded several different angles of the male dance, so I decided to incorporate them all into the routine, since different perspectives work nicely in response to her dance moves and will keep the scene more interesting. Using multiple angles will turn my animation into more of a montage of confused thoughts and memories, as opposed to keeping it at one angle all of the time; despite this I only have one recording of my female dancer, but with the focus of the narrative being on the male, this could represent him seeing her at a distance or in his imagination.

I don't have much time to arrange another meeting with Rachel to record more footage, so I have just worked with what I've got.




No comments:

Post a Comment