Friday 11 March 2016

Drawing Practice - Skeletons

Being able to draw the human body is one of the main reasons why I wanted to challenge myself with this dance animation project. In the past I have found it difficult to get the proportions right to make my drawings believable enough as humans.

In order to get used to drawing onto the computer like I have done with previous projects, I decided to take screenshots from my reference video and focus on drawing those poses, since this is what I will need to draw later on anyway. To start me off, I wanted to try and figure out the basic skeleton of the character and establish where her limbs would be placed.

I drew these skeletons very quickly, so they don't look very neat and the proportions on some of them are slightly off, however giving myself this task to do has helped me to start thinking about how I'm going to draw out my final piece; once I get used to drawing the human body I can figure out my drawing style, to make my animation look well finished and professional.

I tried to capture a variety of poses in key points of the dance routine, however a lot of them show her spinning on one leg, just at different angles.




This has been good practice to develop my drawing skills, so hopefully the longer I draw for the better the results will become.


No comments:

Post a Comment