Wednesday 9 March 2016

That Ribeiro Company

After receiving 10 responses to my email to the Northern School of Contemporary Dance, I decided continuing with a third year student would be the best option out of all the candidates, since they would have more experience and be more confident in their work then anyone else.

The only third year student to contact me is Sara Ribeiro, a choreographer who has formed a company called 'That Ribeiro Company'. In her email, she specified that she works with 5 male dancers and she's familiar with the 'Thought of You' and 'Duet' animations that I attached to the first email I sent.

This instantly appealed to me, since it struck me that I could have one routine from each gender (since I already have a female dancer) and combine them both to have two characters who feel lost, and eventually find each other at the end, fading in and out of each so that they both get screen time, so that it can cover two perspectives of the story.

In the email I responded to her with, I specified that she could create a minute long routine with one of her male dancers, which I can later merge with the female reference I have, so that the story can involve two characters.

She is on board with this idea and is going to send me some footage of their progress on Tuesday 15th March, so that I can review it and give feedback to improve the routine or incorporate random ideas for my project into, ready for the final recording by the 21st March.

No comments:

Post a Comment