Friday 6 May 2016

The Final Piece

Overall I'm happy with how the animation is shaping up - I'm devastated that I haven't been able to finish the whole film in time for the deadline, but as a compromise my tutors and I agreed that I could submit 30 seconds of animation:


For submission, it was suggested that I close this off as a completed film as it is, therefore I decided to make him transform and disappear at the end - to replicate the girl's movements and make the film feel like it has developed. For the longer version I will have this transformation further down the line, however I'm happy that the film feels more complete as it is.

The audio fits nicely with it - I have had to fade it in and out, and place it on the timeline to time it nicely, however I think once it's been fully edited by Hugo it will fit really well together.

My project management skills are questionable - despite being able to contact several strangers to collaborate with me, I still left it late to contact them and haven't kept to the rough schedule I made in my statement of intent. I have learnt a lot from doing this project (basically collaborating on a film is the most important thing in the world to keep your sanity)...

I'm looking forward to continually working on this project over the next month to provide a finished piece for the uni's exhibition on from 10th June, as well as having some finished work to show for myself and my practice as I apply to jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment